You’re famous among peers for your ability to stay on top of things. You’re not afraid to engage with new people. Your personality helps you relate to others in a way that most can’t, and you’re always up to date on the latest trends.
If these describe you, you may be the perfect candidate for our optical manager role!
Vision Clinic is an optometry practice with locations in Springfield, Branson, Ozark, and Nixa, and we’re currently looking to expand our team in Springfield.
This is a fast paced job, you will need problem solving skills and a passion for fulfilling patient needs. The perfect candidate will understand the fashion side, as well as learn the optics and the science behind the job.
This is a full time position - M-F from 8:15 a.m. to 5 p.m., Thursdays until 7 p.m., alternating Saturdays until 1:00 p.m. and a full day off the week you work Saturday.
If what you have read so far has gotten you excited, you are the perfect candidate for this position.
Optical Operations for VCS
- Conduct weekly huddles, coordinated with department Lead
- Staff Time Approvals
- Performance Reviews to include 10/30/60 for new employees and annual/bi-annual for established employees
- Hiring and Termination, partnering with Director of Operations and Director of Human Resources, as needed
- Internal communication, coaching and training for optical team, with monthly feedback
- Track and show key benchmarks for Optician individual sales, monthly
- Track and show key benchmarks for Optical Department, monthly
- Monitor and stay up to date with 90 day non-dispense process
- Send out Optical patient statements weekly
- Coordinate with Insurance Department
- Coordinate with Front Desk Manager if collections is involved
- Partner with Lab Manager about patient situations involving delayed orders
Reporting & Accounting
- Patient refunds
- Remake tracking
Manage and Oversee Optical Lead
Manage and Oversee Inventory Specialist
Partner with Managers and Optical Trainers to assist all locations with Optical Operations
- Coordinate education on new materials, products, and processes through partners and as a VSR
- Stay up-to-date on Vision Care Plan changes and communicate changes quickly and efficiently
- Monitoring and updating ophthalmic lens tree for all locations as needed
- Oversee employee frame and lens purchases for personal use
Oversee Inventory Operations and Buying
- Set inventory goals and track frame sales, assisted by Inventory Specialist
- Understanding & Utilization of Vision Source partnerships & discounts
- Determine pricing for all frame lines, in conjunction with leadership team
- Partner with Opticians to keep a pulse on patients wants and needs, working with Manager on frame line decisions
- Communicate frame board changes, both company wide and by location, to all staff
- Maintain appropriate back stock without unnecessary excess
- Monthly clinic visits to review frame turns, boards, product lines, etc.
- Quarterly reconciliation of inventory of all locations, assisted by Inventory Specialist
- Quarterly vendor visits based on pre-planned and approved schedule
- Keep Optical showroom and display windows updated with current visual merchandising
- Monthly billing statements with invoice attachments sent to billing clerk routinely
- Represent Vision Clinic and maximize profits by taking advantage of buying opportunities at Trade Shows
- Actively engaged in Vision Clinic management team
- STEP and CORE teams
- Leadership training
- Close working relationship with Lab Manager to promote team attitude
Send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with #BestManagerInSight in your subject line, to show us you really are as detail-oriented as this job requires. If you are, you may just make a great member of the Vision Clinic family.